Fall is here! This past weekend was the first one in quite some time where I didn’t have a jam packed agenda. I took some time to cook and bake some delicious food. Here’s one of my favorites from the weekend: Flourless Pumpkin Muffins.
These will NOT disappoint. They were all of my favorite things: simple, clean ingredients and absolutely delicious. No flour, butter, oil or sugar (honey is used to sweeten).
Flourless Pumpkin Muffins (Adapted from this recipe):
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 3-4 Tbsp. honey (the original called for 6 Tbsp, but I didn’t think that much was necessary. Mine were plenty sweet.)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 6-9 cavities with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, (this will depend on how full the muffins are. Mine took a bit longer) until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.