In this episode, we discuss how on and offline friends can effect our mindset and out look in very different ways. Online, social media can sometimes lead to the “comparison trap” and how to get your mind right with it. Offline, “real-life” friends can often times be unsupportive when it comes to making the best choices for you. In this episode, we discuss how to cope with all scenarios.
The Comparison Trap:
- Unfollow accounts that trigger thoughts of self doubt or self shaming
- FOLLOW accounts that bring balance to posts or are uplifting and feature all different kinds of body types. Some of our Instagram favorites are:
- @darrennatoni (the account Jenna reads from during the podcast)
Overall, remember that you’re getting the highlight reel on social media. EVERYONE struggles in different ways, but we aren’t always comfortable putting that out there.
- Talk to your friends. Explain your goals. Good ones will support you🙂
- Set yourself up for success. Plan activities that don’t revolve around food or alcohol.
- Remember: everything is a choice. What you eat, drink, choose to do, etc.
Have some tips for others? Who are your favorite Instagram accounts? Drop us a comment below! And PLEASE leave us a review on iTunes🙂
Episode six is here! In this episode, Jenna and Rose talk through some sensitive topics including: being healthy without getting obsessed, keeping weight loss off and how to get into exercise whether you’re a newbie or have taken a break.
Be sure you listen for ALL the details and information. Below are some links we refer to throughout the episode:
Remember: find an exercise regiment that you truly ENJOY! You may need to try a few different things before finding the right fit for you.
Also: ditch the calorie counting and focus on real, nutrient dense foods.
What is your favorite way to workout? How do you balance your health goals without restrictively eating or overexercising?
Leave us a comment and join the conversation!
Hey y’all! We answer three GREAT questions this week, all about staying organized at working, fitting in exercise (on top of everything else) and how to fight the mid afternoon blues.
We share our personal tips on staying organized at the office when the workload seems unmanageable. Tips like:
- Google Drive
- Outlook calendar invites and categories
- Canceling pointless meetings
- Figure out what time you do your best work and block the time!
- Cut out distractions
Fitting in exercise is a challenge for ALL 9 to 5 ers. How do we make it happen?
- Schedule your workouts, cut excuses and make them happen!
- 22 minute workouts – 22 minute Hard Corp (both Jenna & Rose are completing this one). T25 is another personal favorite.
- Get an accountability partner. Schedule that morning class, make a commitment and go! Reward yourself with an iced coffee after🙂
Fighting the afternoon slump:
- Eat a well rounded and healthy breakfast.
- Rose likes Shakeology to power her day.
- Cut DOWN on coffee and sugar – avoid those sugar crashes.
- Clean up your diet (cut out processed food) and journal any differences.
- Take a quick walk around the office to get the blood flowin’.
We share details around each of these and much more! Have a question? Comment on this post or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you and keep the conversation going!
We’re back with episode number 4! On this episode, we share our personal struggles with ailments, digestive issues and how we’ve both personally found some relief.
Below are the tips and resources we shared in this episode.
Tips & Resources
Episode 3 in here and ready to go! On this episode, we discuss “on-the-go” healthy bars and snacks, meal boxes/grocery delivery and meal planning.
Thanks for listening! Below are the show notes.
- Quick and Easy Bar options:
- Jenna likes Larabars & RX Bars. Her favorite RX Bar flavor is Chocolate Sea Salt. There are variety packs on Amazon. Ensure you check the ingredients – ensure they are packed with sugar and you can pronounce the ingredients.
- Rose suggested the same as well as making your own!
- Consider other alternatives: dried fruit, beef jerky (read ingredients), sweet potato chips (other veggie chips), packs of almond butter, whole fruit, collagen peptides (18 grams of protein in a serving, can mix in water on the go) from Vital Proteins, almonds or basic nuts, hardboiled eggs
- Meal boxes and/or delivery:
- Meal planning:
- We plan to do a full episode on this with more detail but be sure to ask yourself: is it a priority to you?
- If so, start setting aside time weekly or daily to make it happen.
- Rose’s favorite recipe websites: Gimme Some Oven, Skinnytaste, Damn Delicious.