Being professional, working ladies can be hard, especially when you don’t know what to wear! Not all outfits translate between work and personal life, and it’s not always easy to stay atop of trends financially. So what’s a working gal (or gent) supposed to do?
In this episode, we turn to Lauren Bernard, a style blogger who writes the popular blog Wellesley & King, to teach us the ropes of fashion for the workplace. If you haven’t checked out her Instagram, you must do so immediately! Life-changing.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The 3-5 essential pieces of clothing every man and woman should have
- How to build a professional and personal wardrobe without breaking the bank
- Whether you should have a budget for clothing (the answer is: yes!)
- Whether online retailers like StitchFix are worth the money
- Whether you should shop online or in person
- What trends are heading our way for spring and summer
Lauren Bernard is a logistics analyst by day, and a style blogger by night. Her blog, Wellesley & King, focuses on providing attainable outfit inspiration to real women with real budgets. Every outfit featured on Wellesey & King has been styled for a real-life event–either for the office, date night, or casual weekend activities–and often features classic pieces that transcend time and trends. Along with outfit inspiration, Lauren also provides a library of tools, resources and tips to guide those in need of some extra help along their own style journeys.
In this episode, we were strongly feeling the need to just catch up. We don’t necessarily answer questions, but more talk through a few things that are new with us and what we’ll be working through over the next couple of months.
We start out talking through training for the upcoming Broad Street Run (a 10-mile race in Philadelphia we’ve ran before). Stay tuned for how it goes!
Rose discusses her tips for getting out a rut. She talks through switching up her fitness routine, food, mindset, and sleep to all add up to feeling refocused.
Jenna is engaged! She catches us up on how wedding plans are going, specifically how she’s been balancing the planning with work and life.
This episode features one of our favorite people: Kate Markovitz.
A holistic nutritionist, Kate is on a mission to help women feel comfortable and confident in their skin through real food and gratitude.
Being two of her clients, we can attest that she knows what she’s talking about! Kate has helped each of us reach our health and wellness goals.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Two to three things you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve overall health;
- Kate’s typical day of eats;
- The right balance of carbs, protein, and fat;
- The best way to determine foods that cause irritation;
- How to embark upon using programs like Whole 30 and the 21 Day Sugar Detox;
- How pregnancy changes nutrition; and
- Natural beauty products.
Waking up in her mid-20s, feeling stuck in a miserable, unhealthy relationship with food and her career, Kate ditched her high school math teaching job and disordered eating past for Paleo, holistic living, and a positive self-love mindset.
Now, Kate runs her own nutrition practice as a Nutritional Therapy Consultant and 21-Day Sugar Detox Certified Coach. Additionally, she is the Content Coordinator for Team Diane/Balanced Bites and co-hosts the popular health & wellness podcast, “The Ladies Dish. “
This episode epitomizes what this blog + podcast are all about: achieving balance!
Whether it’s while traveling, trying to find a work/life balance or taking a step back from the constant news cycle, you can find the balance that’s right for you.
In this episode we break down:
- Staying healthy while traveling for work + pleasure
- Staying healthy once you’re at your destination
- How to have a healthy work/life balance
- Ways to break free from the constant news cycle
We’d love to hear your feedback on this episode. Leave us a comment below, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please: if you like the show, leave us a review on iTunes. We’d really appreciate it!
Rose & Jenna
PS: We have finally fixed the sound issues we’ve been having in the past two episodes. We apologize if it’s been hard on your ears! We are newbies. 🙂
In this episode, we discuss how to budget for food, fitness and life. Unsurprisingly, it comes down to a lot of diligence and list-making, but it is doable! And in the end, you’ll feel much better about how much you’re spending and saving.
- Stock up on produce.
- Shop the outer edge of the grocery store.
- Avoid buying food that comes in boxes or packaging (usually more expensive/not healthy).
- Set up a food budget and stick with it.
Making an Overall Budget
- Make use of Google Docs to track your spending. Here’s a Budget Template.
- Use an application/website like Mint to track spending, or Digit to save money.
- Be realistic about how you spend and what you buy.
- Try out free classes at every nearby gym.
- Spend money on the fitness programs or classes you love.
- You could try a service like Beachbody On Demand (streaming of workouts for $40/quarterly).
- Or go outside and exercise for free!