Thanks for reading the first installment of our new Friday series. We’ll be spending quite a bit of time talking about time management as it’s a big component to staying healthy while working full time. We haven’t yet perfected this balance, but we’re always striving for improvement. This series will help!
So today, let’s talk about exercise. When it comes to health and fitness, one of the excuses we hear most is: “I don’t have enough time.” It’s a very common feeling especially in this world of go-go-go. But there are ways to fit in this vital behavior. Below are a few tricks we’ve learned along the way to make fitting in exercise a little easier:
- Schedule your workouts. Put them on your Outlook/calendar/planner like you would any other meeting.
- Pick a time that works best for your schedule. If you know you’re not a morning person, own that and schedule that time right after work.
- Choose exercise you enjoy. You will be more likely to stick with if you actually like what you’re doing.
- If group classes keep you motivated, sign up for the whole week Sunday night. Pre-pay so that you’re already invested and committed.
- Join a challenge group! These online groups help hold you accountable through the week. Email us for details.
- If you’re too busy to get to a gym or class, buy a program you can do at home. T25 gets you a full workout in twenty five minutes! No excuses.
- Walk home … if you can. This is an easy way to build in exercise. Always strive to go the extra mile, take the stairs or do anything that keeps your body moving.
- Buy a standing desk for work. You’ll burn calories without even realizing it.
What strategies do you use to make sure you get your workouts in?
If you have an idea for a topic for the Balancing Act series, please let us know. We’d be happy to answer your questions.