Sometimes you just need a muffin. A banana-chocolate-chip muffin to be exact. These are great if you’ve let bananas sit far too long on your counter like me. I usually freeze my ‘naners, but I was in the making mood. These got devoured within about 10 minutes at the office, too.
I tried to make these a wee bit more healthy by reducing the amount of sugar and chocolate chips. I thought it still had a wonderful sweetness to it. Give the recipe a try for yourself, and let me know what you think.
Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins
Yield: 16-20 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the bananas and stir. Then add the eggs.
- Add the soda, powder and salt. Stir.
- Add the flour and quick oats.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for around 18-22 minutes, depending on your oven.
Take them to work. They’ll be gone in an instant!