Last night, some friends and I attended a Christmas Card workshop at PaperSource. I had attended this workshop last year and got some great ideas for holiday cards. Because I couldn’t make their scheduled workshop, I hosted one of my own parties last night. What a great way to gather together a group of friends!
What I love about these workshops:
- They are designed for all levels of crafters.
- The cards are made in a step-by-step fashion and led by an instructor so everyone can easily follow along.
- The cards range from simple to advanced.
- They have a large table that everyone can gather around, share materials, talk, etc.
- The cost ($25) isn’t horrible considering the quality of materials you receive and the cards you get to take home.
While some of the cards were a little too basic/simple for me, I had a great time learning a few new methods (including envelope lining — see in the lower right-hand corner of the graphic above). So often I get together with friends at a bar or restaurant. It’s sort of nice breaking that trend and having a project that we’re all doing together.
Now it’s just time to figure out what to make for my own holiday cards this year … Hum….
Have you ever gone to a workshop like this?