We are back with episode number 8! We’re taking a break from chatting about fitness and food, and focus on our beauty routine (or lack there of in Jenna’s case 🙂 )! Natural beauty products, cutting back on shampooing your hair, and battling signs of aging are all discussed. LISTEN HERE.
Consumers are starting to consider the ingredients in everything – even their personal care products. Just say no to unnecessary chemicals! To meet this need, there are lots of choices out there. It may be a slow transition, but here are some of our suggestions:
- Rose’s method of 2:1 Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
- Rinse your hair with Apple Cider Vinegar to clean build up.
- Beauty Counter is a company that has a mission to get “safer products into the hands of everyone.” (They have consultants, so you may have a friend that sells it. Check with them.) They also have a limited line available in Target stores.
Rose shares her experiences with cutting back on shampooing your hair. Be sure to take a listen and share your experiences with us!
When it comes to aging, let’s examine our culture and the unrealistic expectations put on women – we discuss that age is just a number and our thoughts on this listeners question regarding needing to ‘workout more and eat less’ as we get older.
We hope you enjoy! PLEASE leave us a review on iTunes and send us your questions.
In this episode, we discuss how on and offline friends can effect our mindset and out look in very different ways. Online, social media can sometimes lead to the “comparison trap” and how to get your mind right with it. Offline, “real-life” friends can often times be unsupportive when it comes to making the best choices for you. In this episode, we discuss how to cope with all scenarios.
The Comparison Trap:
- Unfollow accounts that trigger thoughts of self doubt or self shaming
- FOLLOW accounts that bring balance to posts or are uplifting and feature all different kinds of body types. Some of our Instagram favorites are:
- @darrennatoni (the account Jenna reads from during the podcast)
Overall, remember that you’re getting the highlight reel on social media. EVERYONE struggles in different ways, but we aren’t always comfortable putting that out there.
- Talk to your friends. Explain your goals. Good ones will support you 🙂
- Set yourself up for success. Plan activities that don’t revolve around food or alcohol.
- Remember: everything is a choice. What you eat, drink, choose to do, etc.
Have some tips for others? Who are your favorite Instagram accounts? Drop us a comment below! And PLEASE leave us a review on iTunes 🙂
Episode six is here! In this episode, Jenna and Rose talk through some sensitive topics including: being healthy without getting obsessed, keeping weight loss off and how to get into exercise whether you’re a newbie or have taken a break.
Be sure you listen for ALL the details and information. Below are some links we refer to throughout the episode:
Remember: find an exercise regiment that you truly ENJOY! You may need to try a few different things before finding the right fit for you.
Also: ditch the calorie counting and focus on real, nutrient dense foods.
What is your favorite way to workout? How do you balance your health goals without restrictively eating or overexercising?
Leave us a comment and join the conversation!