In this episode, we discuss how to budget for food, fitness and life. Unsurprisingly, it comes down to a lot of diligence and list-making, but it is doable! And in the end, you’ll feel much better about how much you’re spending and saving.
- Stock up on produce.
- Shop the outer edge of the grocery store.
- Avoid buying food that comes in boxes or packaging (usually more expensive/not healthy).
- Set up a food budget and stick with it.
Making an Overall Budget
- Make use of Google Docs to track your spending. Here’s a Budget Template.
- Use an application/website like Mint to track spending, or Digit to save money.
- Be realistic about how you spend and what you buy.
- Try out free classes at every nearby gym.
- Spend money on the fitness programs or classes you love.
- You could try a service like Beachbody On Demand (streaming of workouts for $40/quarterly).
- Or go outside and exercise for free!